We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
THE role - AI ENGINEER
As a AI engineer, you'll design, build and optimize all of the artificial intelligence technologies that create our gameplay. Primarily this focuses on our “bots”, the computer controlled versions of our heroes, which allow players to engage in entertaining and challenging play without the pressures of playing against other human opponents. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with our game designers and gameplay engineers writing AI for new heroes as they emerge, crafting new and intelligent “bots” for new game modes, and even create methods for our designers to tune and create bots and game modes themselves.
- You have a passion and knack for artificial intelligence
- You've worked on, completed, and shipped several games.
- You are very fluent in C++, and adaptable to other languages
- Comfortable and excited to work with game designers
- An interest in not just making sure AI is technically correct, but rather fun to play against
- You have deep experience playing MOBAs
- You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, CA.
A resume and cover letter is required for consideration.