Today is a big day for our Super Evil team. We are announcing four milestones all worthy of their own blog post, but we’ll try and squeeze them into one:
- The global rollout of Vainglory will begin in October!
- Vainglory was featured on stage at Apple's press event and will be supporting Apple’s new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and Metal technology
- We’re unveiling VaingloryFire.com: the community site for guides and builds created by MOBAFire, the largest MOBA player community in the world.
- We’re unleashing the new Vainglory (LAN) Party Trailer to the world.
Boom. Here are some more details:
1. The October rollout begins. We will begin the global rollout of Vainglory, our MOBA perfected for touch, on Apple’s App Store in October this year. We’ve been hard at work adding features and polishing the game, and there are still big features that will arrive post-launch. But, thanks to the incredible feedback and help from our early players in our test markets (thank you so much!) we now feel ready to unleash the game globally on iPads (iPad2 and above) and the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. We will start with a big update for our early player base in Southeast Asia and work our way across the globe. Why not a single global release date? Because single release dates for online multiplayer games can mean bad experiences for players everywhere. A step-by-step rollout is much more likely to keep things smooth for players around the world. Thanks in advance for your patience! Apply for early access on www.vainglorygame.com, and we’ll let you know as soon as you can play.
2. The Apple press event. Two of our founders, Stephan and Tommy, were on stage at Apple’s press event today to show how Vainglory runs on the iPhone 6 Plus on Metal. Thanks to Metal and our E.V.I.L. game engine, Vainglory can now deliver a level of graphics performance and resolution beyond that of a Blu Ray player on a new HD TV. That’s higher quality than most current game consoles can deliver—in your bare hands! As core gamers and makers of core games, we couldn’t be more excited about the possibilities this opens up for Vainglory and touch-screen gaming.
3. MOBAFire - yeah!! We are thrilled that MOBAFire has selected Vainglory as the only touch-screen game for which they’re building a full-scale, dedicated community presence. You’ll find a Vainglory guide builder with all the bells and whistles, a detailed wiki, articles and videos … the works. MOBAFire is incredibly discerning about the games it supports at this level—really limiting its sites to titans of the industry. So, we think of this as a huge win for Vainglory players everywhere, who now can dig as deep as they want into hero builds and game tactics and strategies to improve their play and have more fun.
VaingloryFire.com just went live today with a bunch of guides populated by our early players. Check it out and see what you think. For those of you not familiar with MOBAFire, it is is the largest MOBA-focused website community in the world with more than 12 million monthly users (yikes!). Here’s what Scott, the CEO of MOBAFire had to say about Vainglory :
“We've been waiting for a game like Vainglory to come along on touch screens. It's not just the best touch MOBA out there; it's a completely legit core game in its own right. Once you play it, you'll understand why we got excited about it!" — M. Scott Reinders, MOBAFire
4. Announcing the new Vainglory (LAN) Party Trailer. We love playing Vainglory together—shoulder to shoulder—with friends. From the very beginning, our play tests have been extremely fun (and loud) … and players in our early test regions immediately picked up on this and began self-organizing for in-person matches. We wanted to share this feeling of excitement, intensity and camaraderie that happens when playing Vainglory live as a team. So, rather than choosing the traditional approach of a cinematic trailer or a pure gameplay trailer, we did something a little … different. We showed what it can be like in the real world; the way we play it. Press play below, and keep an eye out for MOBA-related Easter eggs!