We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
game USER RESEARCHER
Super Evil Megacorp is looking for a user researcher* to join its growing UX department in the Super Evil Lair. In this important role, you will help by providing reliable & actionable feedback on game usability via rigorous usability testing leveraging both Quantitative and Qualitative methodologies with current and future Vainglory players.
*Contract to Permanent Role
ROLE & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Design test plans and moderate playtests
- Observe and analyze player data
- Create digestible reports to aid Super Evil colleagues on various teams
- Assist the rest of the UX, design, and publishing teams to improve processes and methodologies
- Be a UX evangelist to help enrich the overall studio culture
- Studied HCI, Interaction Design, or related technology influenced Cognitive Psychology through professional or academic study
- Passion for games
- Some previous experience with usability testing is necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to digest complex information into key findings
- Flexibility in working with diverse and cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Versed and up to date in good usability research methodologies
- An understanding of the game development process & the role & limitations of usability testing at each development stage is an advantage but not essential
A resume and cover letter is required for consideration. You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, CA.