We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
game ux designer
Super Evil Megacorp is looking for a UX designer to join its growing UX team in the Super Evil Lair. In this important role, you will carry designs from whiteboard to prototype, to in-game feature, working with insanely talented folks from many departments on a broad range of game features.
ROLE & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Design and support features for the #1 mobile MOBA esport Vainglory fully through production
- Create powerful and effective experiences (visually and experientially)
- Be a UX evangelist to help enrich the overall studio culture
- Collaborate with research, design, and art to produce effective designs
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience designing game features for mobile devices
- Deep passion for games and a deep understanding of how game features drive game metrics
- Experience shipping games
- Ability to craft and follow design patterns
- Ability to concisely communicate verbally and with design documentation
- Ability to create information architecture, prototypes (Flinto, etc.), wireframes (Illustrator), and production quality final visuals (Photoshop, etc.)
- Strong ability to digest complex and critical feedback and channel it into strong designs
- Strong sense of aesthetics and how to communicate visually with as little as possible
- Graphic design and typography prowess
- Comfort in working with technical toolsets
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitive methods
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Versed and up to date in good usability methodologies
- Passionate about user-centered design and a fascination for understanding the human experience
A resume and cover letter is required for consideration. You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, CA.