We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
THE role - GRAPHIC ARTIST
Super Evil Megacorp, an award-winning game studio, is looking for a talented and driven Graphic Artist to join its growing Game Ops team team in the Super Evil Lair. You'll work closely with our game stakeholders to visualize art-driven campaigns focusing on Vainglory, our much-loved MOBA title. You’ll have a heavy say in how we visualize new features and content for our millions of players worldwide, and should come hungry to create the polish Vainglory’s fans deserve!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a wide array of digital assets for promotional purposes, leveraging internal and player feedback
- Put together hype and teaser videos with existing game models
- Generate custom illustrations for in-game sales, events, and lore
- Provide creative support for our social media initiatives
- Support live-streaming and esports initiatives with world-class talent and Vainglory creators
- Have an eye on design and game trends, with an emphasis on measuring campaign effectiveness and monetization opportunities
- Research various video editing approaches, methodologies, and the development of new or enhanced technical tools.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong expertise with the Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Background in illustration, graphic art, or motion graphics
- Deep passion for games and game art
- Familiarity with crafting and following style guides
- Ability to digest complex and critical feedback and channel it into strong visual design
- Strong sense of aesthetics and clean visual style
- Comfort in working with technical toolsets and staff
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Humble and not driven by personal ego
- Understanding of how to polish excellence
This is a Contract to Permanent opportunity. A resume and cover letter is required for consideration, and you are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, CA.