We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
Senior Gameplay Engineer
As a senior gameplay engineer, you'll build, tweak and optimize the gameplay systems, tools and mechanics that are the beating heart of our games. Ultimately, you create the fun. You'll be working closely with our founders to extend and maintain the game code, experiment with new ideas and implement the rules and mechanics of our games.
- You have a passion for programming and a talent for building fast, efficient and scalable gameplay systems.
- You have a deep interest in play mechanics and game design and aren't afraid to keep iterating and polishing until the experience you're building is absolutely perfect.
- You've worked on, completed and shipped several games.
- You have extensive experience with console development.
- You have eight years (or more) professional work experience as an engineer.
- You are fluent in C++; proficient with Python.
- 5-10 years experience in computer science or related field.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and aren't afraid to voice your opinion.
- You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, Calif.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: iOS, Android, Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, ARM, PowerVR, OpenGL, DirectX, PlayStation, Xbox, Python, Redis, MongoDB, AWS
- Experience with, and understanding of, the mathematics behind 3D graphics
- You have a talent for optimizing code for performance, scalability and clarity
In order to apply you will have to provide us with sample code and ideally running executables of systems you've previously designed and built. You will also need to be able to talk to its design constraints, implementation decisions, technical details, performance, scalability and trade-offs.