We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
the role - Software engineer (Product)
As a software engineer on the product team, you’ll work on new & high visibility features that directly impact the experience for our player base. You’ll be working closely with the founders, designers, and other engineers to design and implement the next big features that will shape the evolution of Vainglory as a game, an eSport, and a culture.
- You are fluent in C++ & Python.
- You are comfortable building functionality from client side all the way to the backend.
- You have a bachelor’s level degree in computer science or related field
- You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, Calif.
- You are a gamer at heart with a passion for building great features & communities.
- You have a deep interest in core gaming and an understanding of player behavior.
- You are ruthlessly obsessed with efficiency at every part of the system.
- You've used multiple databases, preferably both relational and NoSQL variants.
- You are experienced with operating live web services & games.
In order to apply you will have to be prepared to walk us through sample code and ideally running executables of systems you've previously designed and built. You will also need to be able to talk to its design constraints, implementation decisions, technical details, performance, scalability and trade-offs.