If you have questions or concerns regarding this Statement, you should first contact email@example.com.
U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Framework
Super Evil complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Super Evil has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Super Evil’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
Super Evil participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Super Evil is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Super Evil is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Super Evil complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Super Evil is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the[U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Super Evil may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the www.privacyshield.gov/welcome, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
I. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
A. What Basic Information Does Super Evil Collect?
We typically collect personal information that you provide to us on a voluntary basis, and you may visit areas on the Site without choosing to do so. However, in order to use certain parts of the Site and/or log-on to play the Game, you will be required to create an account by providing us your email address and selecting a unique username and password (an “Account”). For age verification purposes, we also ask for your birthday during the Account creation process. In the course of maintaining your Account, you might also be asked to participate in online surveys about the Game, or in other Game-related promotional contests, participation in which is entirely voluntary. You might also desire to contact our customer support team via the “Support” tab found on the Site. In participating in such promotional activities or in contacting customer support, you might be requested to provide additional information beyond your email address, including your name, full address and phone number. In operating the Site or otherwise offering the Game, we might also request other information from you, including hardware specs, software performance metrics, game experience, and other demographic information that might be associated with your personal information, such as your gender, hobbies, occupation, platform preferences, and other game ownership information.
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of operating system, device you use.
We send you push notifications from time-to-time in [order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running]. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Please note that in utilizing certain areas of the Site (e.g. purchasing merchandise) or the Game (e.g. purchasing in-game currency), you will be requested to provide additional information in order to complete a purchase, such as your name, full address, phone number, internet protocol address (for fraud tracking purposes) and Our shopping cart is hosted by our e-commerce solutions provider. They host our ordering system, and collect your billing information directly from you for the purpose of processing your order. This company does not use this information for any other purpose. Please see Section IV below regarding how third parties working on behalf of Super Evil use your personal information.
In the event that you choose to create an Account and play the Game, we also collect certain information regarding your in-Game performance and/or interactions with other users (e.g., wins / losses, recent heroes played, average number of kills / deaths etc.). These statistics are associated with your in-Game name and are publicly accessible by members of the Super Evil community. In addition, we may share your in-Game statistics with third parties in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy. To be clear, no personal information about you, such as your email address, username, IP address, or other sensitive information, will be shared as a part of this process.
B. What Additional Information Does Super Evil Collect?
(1) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors' domain names and internet protocol (IP) addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). In addition, your web browser or Game software may transmit to Super Evil certain geographic information or other information regarding your computer, including its capabilities, hardware specs and game data processing. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous "traffic data" that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(2) COOKIES and Other Tracking Technologies. From time to time, our partners and we may use the standard "cookies" or similar technologies feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. While we do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
(3) WEB BEACONS. Our Site pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails and online advertising to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
(4) Behavioral Targeting
C. What Does Super Evil Do With Collected Information?
(2) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze the Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(4) COMPELLED DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. In certain situations, Super Evil may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on Super Evil (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Super Evil or the users of the Site or Game, or (c) act under unusual, extraordinary or emergency circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site or Game.
(5) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Site or otherwise collected in connection with the Game. If Super Evil or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information and personal information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Site.
(6) ACCESS TO INFORMATION. At any time you may request access to the information that we have from you, or request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us in accordance with Section VII.A below.
D. Notice Concerning Children
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. The Site and the Game are not intended for children under the age of 13. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children's privacy online, and as such do not knowingly collect any personal information from any user under age 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site or Game user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user's Account.
The Site and the Game have security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. We store your personal information on our servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to protect the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to Super Evil employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Site and the Game. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the use of the Game or the Site and we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse to you or to any third party. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
When you enter information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
A. Public Forums
The Site includes a section for interactive “forums” in the form of message boards (the “Forums”) to which users with an Account and an in-Game name may post. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in the Forums becomes public information in which you relinquish any expectation of privacy. Remember that Super Evil asks that you not disclose any personal information when posting in the Forums, and you should exercise caution when deciding what information to share. We reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to monitor your use of the Forums. To request removal of your personal information from our community forum, contact us at email@example.com. The profile you create on our site will be publically accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
B. Third Party Websites
The Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
C. Opt-Out Preferences
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Social Media Widgets
Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
D. Single Sign-On
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
IV. SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing information on our and your behalf, such as to fulfill product orders, collect billing information and process payments. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personal information.
V. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
A. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices regarding your personal information related to the Site or Game, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database and deactivate your Account, please feel contact us at email@example.com. Upon request Super Evil will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or amend it by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that the deletion of your data will lead to the termination of your Account and applicable services. However, also note that when you delete your Account, we may retain your Account information for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention activities.
B. Updates and Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
C. Additional Policies
Super Evil: 400 1st Ave, San Mateo, CA, 94401 or by email at email@example.com.
Effective Date: Spetember 30, 2016