We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
sr. product engineer
The product team develops the game around the game. With Vainglory, SEMC has created a AAA product with the quality of the best PC and console Esports games, and put it on mobile devices - but not going to stop there. The product team is responsible for all of the features expected of modern multiplayer games, executed with the finesse to put them on mobile devices. This provides a number of new and different programming challenges that range from creating an engaging, intuitive UI to managing database responsiveness. The product engineering team prioritizes a beautiful product and a clean, maintainable code base. The team works with our artists, designers, and UX experts in a collaborative and creative environment. If these challenges and priorities interest you, please apply!
- 5+ years experience programming in a professional environment
- Strong background in C++ (or other object oriented language with a working knowledge of C++)
- Ability to create large, performant, and maintainable systems
- Experience writing UI code or features that directly interact with users
- Strong communication skills
- You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, CA.
- Experience working on a live service and/or the game industry
- Interest in core gaming and understanding of player behavior
- Familiarity with databased, both relational and NoSQL
- Worked with multiple UI frameworks in the past
- Fluent in Python
A resume and cover letter is required for consideration.