We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it’s going to be a thrilling ride.
Character Technical Artist
As a Character Technical Artist, you’ll be creating character rigs, skinning characters, as well as working with animators, technical artists, designers and engineers to get those characters fully functional in the game. You are the central hub where creativity and technology meet. You will report to the Technical Art Director. As a successful Character Technical Artist, you will leverage your stellar troubleshooting skills to ensure that our players experience the best possible animation and gameplay experience possible.
- Create rigs, skin characters, export and configure the asset for the game engine
- Collaborate with animators and designers to determine character movement requirements
- Validate character animation functionality and troubleshoot when problems arise
- 3+ years experience as a Character Technical Artist with at least 1 shipped title
- Proficient using Maya and Python
- Experience with getting animated characters implemented in game engines
- Experience with animation game engine tools
- Expertise in 3D character rigging, character skinning and game engines
- Understanding of animation state machines and blending
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Experience using mGear and/or creating procedural rigs
Experience animating characters for games
In order to apply, please provide us with a link to your portfolio that gives us an overview of your skills and abilities.