We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
game UI/ux designer
Super Evil Megacorp is looking for a UI/UX designer to join its growing UX team in the Super Evil Lair. In this important role, you will carry designs from whiteboard to prototype, to in-game feature, working with insanely talented folks from many departments on a broad range of game features.
ROLE & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Design and support features for the #1 mobile MOBA esport Vainglory fully through production
- Take on the challenge of designing for a cross-platform Mobile + Desktop experience
- Work alongside engineers to implement features
- Create powerful and effective experiences (visually and experientially)
- Be a UX evangelist to help enrich the overall studio culture
- Collaborate with research, design, and art to produce effective designs
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 4+ years of experience designing game features for mobile devices and on desktop
- Ability to create information architecture, prototypes (Flinto, etc.), wireframes (Illustrator), and production quality final visuals (Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience using lean/rapid prototyping to refine designs prior to full development
- Adept at the artistic execution of designs including vector or raster source assets
- Experience testing and understanding specific cohort feedback
- Strong ability to digest complex and critical feedback and channel it into strong designs
- Strong understanding of aesthetics and how it can impact the underlying design
- Ideally well versed in the design patterns and trends in the mobile space (both iOS and Android) and web interface
- Graphic design and typography prowess
- Comfort in working with technical toolsets
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Team player and with clear communication skills
- Versed and up to date in good usability methodologies
- Up to date knowledge of Asian game market trends
- Fluent in Chinese
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, CA.