We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
THE role - GAME OPERATIONS ANALYST
Super Evil Megacorp, an award-winning game studio, is looking for a passionate and driven Game Operations Analyst to join its growing Game Ops team in the Super Evil Lair. You will support cross-functional teams that drive the growth of Vainglory, and will own various aspects of the company’s in-game campaigns–including but not limited to sales, events, communications, and promotions. Join our team to shape the course of a much-loved mobile MOBA!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and manage in-game campaigns that drive Vainglory’s growth
- Identify and create opportunities that push major metrics such as Retention, Churn, Engagement, Daily Active Users
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify game trends and provide performance analyses
- Contribute to planning and execution of custom research to aid in the development of game and marketing strategy
- Be a part of the overall product development by spotting game-changing opportunities and feature/campaign needs
- Own multiple projects at once, leading and supporting across multiple disciplines and regions
- Drive user and competitive research to discover value propositions and user segments that resonate with Vainglory
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Two or more years of related experience
- Familiarity with gaming, technology, entertainment, related products, and industry knowledge
- Hands-on experience across a variety of quantitative and qualitative custom research methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience with JSON, Excel, and SQL preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience
This is a Contract to Permanent opportunity. A resume and cover letter is required for consideration, and you are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, CA.