We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it’s going to be a thrilling ride.
Short-term Technical Writer (Contract)
SEMC is looking for a temporary technical writer that can evaluate the myriad of complex systems, both in our product and infrastructure and write concise, easy to understand documentation. As you collaborate with the development team, you’ll play a critical role in accelerating our development process and new hire onboarding.
This role is focused on developing high quality documentation for a world-class, cross-platform AAA game engine. You’ll be responsible for writing how-to-guides, tutorials, and other types of instructional documents that document various systems from how to configure a new employee’s technical setup to how a complex animation system work with the goal of making all of these systems easy to understand and use.
This is a 3-month contract position with a possible extension for the right candidate and depending on the on-going work needs.
- Work with the development team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of internal tools
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Google Docs and Confluence
- Basic familiarity with mobile app development
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Basic familiarity with video game development and/or game engines
- Previous experience working on embedded teams with designers, artists, and programmers
- In depth understanding of how games are made