We are a company by gamers, for gamers. We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it’s going to be a thrilling ride.
As an SEMC UI/UX Generalist, you will craft the best player experiences with the knowledge of systemic, graphic, and interactive designs, as well as layout, typography and illustration. You will also collaborate with cross disciplinary teams to break down designs into smaller pieces to create building blocks which can be reused to build the game’s UI and work with UX Director and visual designers to help prototype and implement features to specification.
As a generalist you will also demonstrate technical knowledge of the process and practice of creating in-game UI artwork for Mobile Games and more. As an artist as well as working alongside the Art Director. you will conceptualize the tone, style, and direction of key visual elements—from unique assets and iconography—to larger thematic art styles that drive the overarching visuals of the visual direction, that ultimately serve the desired UX goals.
- Influence overall UI art styles and creative direction through your work.
- Create and implement UI artwork within defined look & feel.
- Possess a strong graphic design background and/or understanding of design principles.
- A strong understanding of systems design, UI style, layout, and 2D fundamentals
- Create vector artwork, iconography, and export rasterized assets that are high quality and optimized for the game
- Maintain source work and manage Libraries for future development
- Break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game’s vision
- Implement the visual layout in our user interface markup language
- Strong multidisciplinary collaborative skills
- Experience in software development focused on systems and interaction design (e.g., Adobe XD, Figma, etc.)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the game’s branding, design, functionality, and technical requirements
- Experience with implementing UI layout in HTML/CSS or other markup language
- Storyboarding skills and motion graphic design experience
- Experience with 3D programs.
- Experience working with various game engines from licensed to proprietary
- Mobile and/or AAA game development experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience and shipped at least one game title
- BA or training in equivalent art fundamentals
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality environment art – including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.