We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
WEB AND TOOLS ENGINEER
The Engine and Tools team are looking for a software engineer experienced in web app development to build internal tools that fuel the development and support of Vainglory, and rich player-facing and public-facing websites.
As a proactive problem-solver, you’ll be working closely with engineering, dev ops, customer support, publishing, QA, marketing and product development teams. The intuitive and powerful tools you’ll write will be the secret sauce that helps them make a better product, more independently, and quicker than ever before.
Role & Responsibilities
- Discuss workflows and pain points with stakeholders. Identify opportunities for tools to improve productivity and solve problems, and proactively develop inventive solutions.
- Be responsible for the whole process of tools creation, including requirements elicitation, UX design, data modeling, front-end and back-end coding, testing, documentation, project status communication, and server deployment and maintenance.
- Adapt existing dashboard and content-creation tools to new Vainglory features as they’re developed.
- Maintain and administer live tools services, and troubleshoot live problems as they arise.
- Stay abreast of the evolving world of web dev technologies. Bring the benefits of new developments into the tools codebase, and keep its technical underpinnings current.
- Support marketing and publishing teams with ad-hoc promotional website development.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- You have experience working as a team member with responsibilities for designing, building, testing, debugging, deploying and maintaining live web apps.
- You have exceptional problem solving, communication and collaboration skills.
- You have an interest in UX, and a passion for creating delightful experiences.
- You have a bachelor’s level degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- You are familiar with the AWS platform, Meteor framework, Python and C++ languages, MongoDB database and Wordpress CMS.
- You have an interest in core gaming.
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. You are able to work on-site at the Super Evil Lair in San Mateo, California.