- the www.superevilmegacorp.com website and any other website that we own or control and to which this Cookie Notice is posted (collectively, the “Sites”); and
- our mobile game applications (“App”).
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience.
Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them).
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including site analytics, advertising and social media features.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES ARE USED ON YOUR SITES AND APP?
Advertising – These cookies are used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use our Sites and other websites over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our Service and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.
- Google Doubleclick – You can opt-out of Google Doubleclick cookies here.
- Facebook – You can opt-out of Facebook cookies here.
Analytics – These cookies help us understand how our Service is performing and being used. These cookies may work with web beacons included in emails we send to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- Google Analytics – You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
Essential – These cookies are necessary to allow the proper technical operation of our Sites.
Social – These cookies may allow you to log into the Sites or App through your social media account or share content in our sites that you find interesting through third party social media providers. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
- Facebook Connect – See ‘Your Choices’ below.
In addition to cookies, our Sites and emails may use other technologies to collect information. For example, we may use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Sites and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Sites and whether recipients of our marketing emails open or click links within them. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails (e.g., they may tell us whether you have opened an email, and/or forwarded it on to someone else) and to compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
Mobile application software development kits (SDKs)
We may use third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) in our mobile applications. A SDK is third-party computer code that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly from our mobile app.
Your options for controlling what information cookies and similar technologies collect about you include:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Sites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Sites.
- Third party opt-out option. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising through some of the third parties listed in the chart above by using the corresponding third party opt-out tool provided in the chart.
- Industry association opt-outs. You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
CALIFORNIA “DO NOT SELL MY INFO” NOTICE
Like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you, such as the services associated with the advertising cookies listed above. Our use of these services may constitute a “sale” of your Personal Information for purposes of the CCPA because the advertising partners that provide the services because collect information from our users (e.g., the device data and online activity data described above) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you. See the your choices section above for information on opting-out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising.
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.
If you have any questions about this Cookie Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.